Continuing on the subject of Eriksen, the Portuguese added: “I just want to say that this situation shouldn’t happen on 25 January.“The only thing I can say is Eriksen, since I arrive, he is behaving in a very, very professional way, with me and the team. “But to be on 25 January in a situation like this is not nice.”Eriksen was left out of Tottenham’s FA Cup fourth-round draw at Southampton yesterday, but has been regularly involved during Mourinho’s time at the club despite the speculation surrounding the 27-year-old’s future.The Dane, who said in June he was looking for a fresh challenge, is out of contract at the end of this season.He came on as a second-half substitute during Wednesday’s 2-1 Premier League win over Norwich, but was booed by some fans who have been unhappy about the Dane’s supposed lack of commitment.Argentina international Lo Celso, 23, joined Tottenham on loan last August, with Betis confirming to BBC Sport that the agreement includes an option to buy either in January or next summer. Spurs have taken up the option to buy in January.“I think the boy is earning the decision,” said Mourinho. “He is making it an easy decision for the club to execute the options.“Incredible evolution since I arrived. By himself he made the decision that the club is going to execute the option.”Lo Celso has been more involved under Mourinho, having made only a handful of appearances under previous boss Mauricio Pochettino. He has two goals to his name in 20 appearances this season.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho has criticised the timing of Inter Milan’s bid for midfielder Christian Eriksen. The Danish midfielder is set to travel to Italy next week to finalise a move.Inter have been linked with Eriksen throughout January, but have not moved until late in the transfer window.“Tottenham is the last one to blame for this situation,” said Mourinho, who also revealed that the club will make Giovani lo Celso’s loan move from Real Betis permanent this month. Jose Mourinho
The dated cafeteria at the Sunshine Mission-Casa de Rosas, a nearby women’s shelter, turns out one hot meal per day for its residents — but rarely is that meal as bountiful as Wednesday’s Thanksgiving meal will be.For the second year in a row after a brief hiatus, USC occupational therapy graduate students will volunteer their time at the mission, located at the corner of Hoover Street and Adams Boulevard, to put on a Thanksgiving dinner for the residents. This year, 20 students will go to the shelter and about 20 others will be helping with the planning, funding and food — far more than last year.Ray of sunshine · Constance Hamilton works the reception desk at Sunshine Mission-Casa de Rosas. Hamilton also lives at the mission. – Dieuwertje Kast | Daily TrojanThe dinners used to be an annual occurrence, but were halted in 2004 because of issues with the mission’s director, residents say.“They used to do it in the past, but the lady that was before us, she didn’t want nobody to be here … So she kind of, like, pushed them away,” said Teryl Warren, a resident of the complex for 13 years.Last year, occupational therapy students decided to bring the tradition back. Celso Delgado, the previous program coordinator and current residential advisor for Centennial Apartments, a building specifically for graduate occupational therapy students, led the push to reinstate the dinner, and is leading the charge again this year.Delgado, now a doctoral student in the occupational therapy program, remembered the dinner from several years back and said he was surprised to learn that it hadn’t been put on since 2004.“I was a master’s student in occupational therapy back in 2005, and when I was, I was the RA for this building back then,” Delgado said. “It was traditional to have that dinner at the Sunshine Mission, and … whoever the RA was, one of their responsibilities was to run it.”About two weeks ago, Delgado began contacting his residents to gauge their interest in again putting on the annual Thanksgiving supper. After receiving an overwhelmingly positive response, Delgado began to delegate jobs to his residents.To finance the event, Delgado sought funds from multiple sources, including URSC, Graduate, Upperclassman and Family building government and the Graduate and Professional Student Senate.With the occupational therapy department donating four turkeys and most of the volunteers supplying one dish that they will prepare at home and bring to Casa de Rosas potluck-style, the Thanksgiving dinner is a collaborative effort.Chrissy Kim, a graduate student studying occupational therapy who will participate in the event, said she is excited to be involved and tried to get as many people involved as possible.“As the Community Service chair of the Graduate and Professional Student Senate and being an OT student, I tried to utilize my position to get as many graduate students of other disciplines involved into this great event,” Kim said. “Graduate students tend to stick to their discipline and are primarily involved in events hosted by their departments, but the community is best served by multi-disciplinary talents.”Yecica Robles, the mission’s manager, said she is grateful for the work of the occupational therapy students, as the mission would be unable to host the dinner otherwise.“The building is just going through hard times right now, financially,” Robles said.Robles said Sunshine Mission has seen all of its government funding cut in recent years. The mission now relies on donations and revenue generated from the $306 monthly rent that residents of the Casa de Rosas complex’s single-occupancy apartments are charged.Because of its limited funds, Sunshine Mission cannot currently afford to house any women in the upstairs portion of the main building. When times were better, women in need were offered accommodations for 30 to 90 days, allowing the women sufficient time to get back on their feet.Casa de Rosas, a 55-unit residential complex configured to resemble a motel, was built in 1893 and has been designated a Historical Landmark by the City of Los Angeles.The closely related Sunshine Mission has been operated from Casa de Rosas facilities since 1942, but its operations are distinct from Casa de Rosas’ in that the emergency housing and transitional living facilities Sunshine Mission provides to as many as 30 single homeless women are free of cost for up to 90 days.
LaVar has widely been regarded as the decision-maker for Lonzo. But his friend Alan Foster, co-founder of the family’s Big Baller Brand, is alleged to have stolen $1.5 million from the brand, causing the 21-year-old to cut ties with his own company, which he owns 51 percent of. Ball parted ways with his agent Harrison Gaines on Thursday, but claims the Big Baller Brand scandal had nothing to do with the decision. Related News Lakers guard Lonzo Ball to sue co-founder of Big Baller Brand, report says Lonzo Ball is taking control of his NBA future.The Lakers guard told the L.A. Times on Thursday he will be selecting his own agent, dispelling rumors his father LaVar is involved. Gaines represented Lonzo and his two younger brothers, but a new group has emerged as the frontrunner to sign him. The well-established Creative Artists Agency is expected to be Ball’s top choice, according to a Yahoo Sports report.CAA represents notable athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning.Ball could could sign with CAA next, but he has to wait 15 days from the date he parted ways with Gaines before he can agree to a new deal, according to NBPA rules. He has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2018-19 season with an ankle injury. He hasn’t appeared in a game for Los Angeles since Jan. 19 and was averaging 9.9 points, 5.3 rebounds and 5.4 assists before the injury.
…not sure if bandits are indeed “foreigners” – RamjattanBy Bhisham MohamedIn light of the recent robberies committed on two prominent mining camps in Guyana’s interior locations over the past two weeks, Public Security Minister Khemraj Ramjattan on Monday said security forces are contemplating the implementation of aerial surveillance in mining areas.Public Security Minister Khemraj RamjattanMinister Ramjattan, however, believes that although the idea of implementing the aerial surveillance is a good one, the need for patrols on the ground is also important. He has, however, admitted that there are challenges in the hinterland communities.In a telephone interview with this publication, the minister explained that the Public Security Ministry is looking at efforts to strengthen surveillance of the “extraordinary” territory involved, and as such, more gun licences are being made available to miners to assist them in protecting their properties.“There are also some security firms that are contracted by the miners to provide the necessary protection, but I agree (that) the Guyana Police Force’s presence is needed in those mining areas,” the minister told Guyana Times.He could not confirm whether those security personnel are trained to deal with situations such as the robbed mining camps had faced.“In the last robbery, involving the Chinese mining camp, we were told that a security firm was contracted to provide security, but we are not sure what took place; and that brings back the question of training,” Ramjattan said.ChallengesCommander Kevin AdonisHe posited that getting Police officers to a crime scene in hinterland areas is quite a challenge.“Due to the mountainous terrain, it is sometimes difficult to reach at a location in a timely manner. Most times the use of ATVs are recommended, but in some cases, it’s boat and foot,” he related.Divisional Commander Kevin Adonis has expressed an opinion similar to the minister’s when referring to the latest robbery committed on the Chinese mining camp.“The closest Police outpost to the Black Water area is at Eteringbang, and it took a team of Police ranks and soldiers four hours to reach the location. The ranks had to use boats, and then walk some distance. It is not a case that as soon as these crimes are committed, the Police can react right away,” Adonis stated.Adonis added that the soldiers and Police are doing an exceptional job, considering the challenges. Protecting Guyana’s borders is paramount, he noted, but added that, at the same time, an investigation has been actually launched to determine whether or not the crimes are committed by foreigners.Also touching on this issue, the Public Security Minister noted that he is awaiting a report from the Commissioner of Police with the findings of an investigation that was launched into the robberies.“As of now, we are aware that the people who committed the crimes spoke broken English, some Portuguese and some Spanish… This does not mean that they are foreigners… We have some smart Guyanese criminals who would use the little foreign language they know to make it look as if it is a bunch of foreigners who are trespassing on Guyana’s territory to commit the acts,” Minister Ramjattan said.He added that law enforcement officers are presently interviewing persons in the area to find out if they had seen any unusual movements by foreigners in the past weeks.About two weeks ago, four armed men staged a robbery on a mining camp at Baboon Backdam, Cuyuni River, Region Seven, escaping therefrom with millions of dollars’ worth of raw gold and other valuables, including a licensed shotgun.The bandits were reportedly armed with rifles and shotguns, and were clad in dark-coloured clothing. They also spoke a foreign language, allegedly Spanish or Portuguese.Initial investigations have revealed that about 28 workers attached to Mohamed’s Enterprise were in the mining camp when the men held the camp hostage. The miners were ordered to hand over all the raw gold that was kept in the camp, and all the personal items, including the shotgun.After committing the robbery, the gunmen disappeared.On Wednesday last, a group of four armed men — who also reportedly spoke Portuguese, broken English and Spanish — carried out a brazen daylight robbery on the China High Tech Mining Company at Black Water Backdam, Cuyuni River, Region Seven (Cuyuni-Mazaruni).The men, all masked, carted off 50 ounces of raw gold, estimated at $13 million; US$500, and two GPS systems belonging to the owner of the mining company.They also took one 12-gauge semi-automatic shotgun with six matching rounds, and one AR rifle along with eight matching rounds, property of Mark’s Interior Communication.The Police have not as yet arrested anyone in connection with the robberies.