Heavy downpour is likely in most parts of Odisha in the next few days, as a low pressure area is set to form over the Bay of Bengal, the Met office said here on Thursday. The low pressure area, likely to form over northeast Bay of Bengal by August 4, will trigger rainfall in districts like Kalahandi, Nabarangpur, Koraput, Malkangiri and Mayurbhanj and the intensity will increase from Friday, it said. On August 3 and 4, heavy rainfall is also expected in Bhadrak, Keonjhar, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Ganjam, Puri, Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Balasore and Bhadrak districts. Thereafter, several parts of Jajpur, Mayurbhanj, Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Kalahandi, Keonjhar, Dhenkanal, Balasore, Nabarangpur, Jagatsinghpur, Khurda, Sambalpur, Deogarh and Sonepur districts will experience heavy to very heavy rainfall till August 6, the MeT office said. Under the influence of the system, high velocity winds are likely to sweep coastal and adjoining districts of Odisha. Fishermen have been advised not to venture into the sea along and off the coast and adjoining central Bay of Bengal on August 4 and 5, it said.The catchment areas of rivers like Mahanadi, Brahmani, Baitarani, Budhabalanga and Subarnarekha may receive heavy precipitation between August 3 and 6. As most parts of Odisha received rainfall in the last few days, the quantum of rainfall deficit in the state has come down to 17.7% from around 32% recorded on July 24, officials said, expressing hope that the deficit will further reduce in the next few days.
“Nung nag-start ako maglaro ng basketball, ice tubig lang nakikipagpatayan ako. Ngayon pa kaya na mas malaki. Pero nag-usap nga kami ni Paul, hindi yung bonus eh. Yung pride pinaglalaban,” said Magnolia forward Marc Pingris, referring to his teammate Paul Lee.(When I started playing basketball, I go all out just to get free ice water after every game what more now that we’re playing for something much bigger. But Paul and I talked and it’s not about the bonus. It’s pride.)Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netREAD: Leo Austria, SMB wary of ‘more experienced’ Hotshots ahead of PBA finals“Walang bigayan to. Siyempre gusto namin manalo. Nandito kami para manalo at makakuha ng championship. Hindi naman habang buhay maglalaro ng basketball. Chance namin manalo ng championship and hindi na babalik yung moment na ‘to eh. Iba na naman next year,” said San Miguel center June Mar Fajardo.(No team is giving the other anything. We want to win and we’re here to win the championship. We’re not going to play basketball forever and we have a chance now to win a championship. This moment isn’t going to happen again, it’s going to be different next year.)ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated LATEST STORIES Both teams expect a highly-physical series.“Regarding sa bigayan, magbibigayan sila pagdating ng laro, nagbibigayan ng siko, nagtitirahan,” SMB head coach Leo Austria said with a chuckle.(The only giving that’s going to happen in the finals is the players trading elbows during the games.)Game 1 of a best-of-seven tips off Wednesday, 7 p.m., at Araneta Coliseum with the Beermen eyeing a historic fifth straight Philippine Cup crown.The Hotshots, on the other hand, want payback after losing to the Beermen in last year’s finals in five games.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next The two sides assured neither will give an inch in the best-of-seven series.“That will never be a problem. They each have contracts of their own and bonus,” said Magnolia team governor Rene Pardo during the 2019 Philippine Cup press conference.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsREAD: Tim Cone wishes Magnolia luck vs powerhouse San Miguel: ‘If anyone can, you can’But more than the grand financial incentive to capturing the championship, it’s winning over everything. Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Philippines sets new gold medal record in Arafura Games Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:28’Walang bigayan’: Expect all-out war between sister teams Magnolia, San Miguel01:30’Excited’ Terrence Romeo out to cherish first PBA finals appearance02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MANILA, Philippines—Players, coaches and officials of sister teams San Miguel Beer and Magnolia dismissed any notion that they will just give way to one another in their PBA Philippine Cup Finals rematch.ADVERTISEMENT View comments
TORONTO – A former CTV News reporter facing sexual misconduct allegations is suing the broadcaster, its parent company and the woman who levelled accusations against him.Paul Bliss, whose departure from CTV was announced last month after he was suspended in January, alleges Bridget Brown defamed him, and CTV then published and broadcast defamatory statements in its coverage of the woman’s allegations and Bliss’ suspension.Bliss is seeking $7.5 million in damages in the suit, which also targets CTV journalists who covered his story.Brown, who describes herself as a Calgary-based entrepreneur and former CTV employee, had alleged that a sexual incident took place in 2006 when she was in Bliss’ office.Bliss denies Brown’s allegations in his statement of claim and says the pair engaged in a consensual encounter. He says in the claim that he suffered injury to his integrity and character, and damage to his professional reputation as a result of the allegations.Brown says she finds “virtually everything” in Bliss’ statement of claim to be false. CTV did not comment on the lawsuit.None of the allegations have been proven in court.
Police arrest dozens of suspects in cybercrime investigation © 2018 AFP Explore further The man, detained in the eastern coastal city of Alicante, carried out attacks using malware such as “Carbanak” and “Cobalt,” according to Europol, which hailed cooperation with Spanish financial police as well as the FBI, Romanian, Belarusian and Taiwanese authorities and private cyber security firms.From 2013, when it launched the Anunak malware programme, the gang attacked banks, e-payment systems and financial institutions in more than 40 countries, resulting “in cumulative losses of over EUR 1 billion for the financial industry,” Europol said.”The Cobalt malware alone allowed criminals to steal up to EUR 10 million per heist,” the pan-European police body added.Criminals sent phishing mails to bank employees with attachments purported to come from legitimate firms.Once the malicious software had been downloaded it would allow the criminals to control infected computers remotely and gain access to the internal banking network as well as servers controlling ATM cashpoints from where “money mules” would collect the cash.Some profits from the heists were laundered via cryptocurrencies, using prepaid cards linked to cryptocurrency wallets, investigators said.The Spanish interior ministry named the suspect only as Denis K and said three accomplices “managed to gain access to practically all of Russia’s banks and make withdrawals from ATMs in Madrid for half a million euros.”Wim Mijs, chief executive officer of the European Banking Federation, which helped with the investigation, said it “clearly goes beyond raising awareness on cybersecurity and demonstrates the value of our partnership with the cybercrime specialists at Europol.”Public-private cooperation is essential when it comes to effectively fighting digital cross-border crimes like the one that we are seeing here with the Carbanak gang.”Steven Wilson, head of Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), lauded “a significant success” against a top level cybercriminal organisation in an operation which “illustrates that cybercriminals can no longer hide behind perceived international anonymity.” Spain and Europol on Monday announced the arrest of a Ukrainian man dubbed the mastermind of a gang behind hundreds of cyberattacks that have netted around a billion euros from banks. Types of cyber attacks Citation: Spain arrests Ukrainian cyber criminal ‘mastermind’ (Update) (2018, March 26) retrieved 18 July 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2018-03-spain-captures-alleged-mastermind-12b.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.