12 May 2011Capitec Bank will soon open for business on Sundays, The New Age newspaper reported on Thursday.The bank said its 84 branches across South Africa would be offering full services over weekends to ensure that banking services were more accessible to its clients.“Capitec Bank has a single-minded approach to banking, based on the retail model and challenges the traditional banking experience,” said marketing and corporate affairs executive Carl Fischer.Sapa
Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market audrey watters Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Related Posts Tags:#biz#tips A new infographic by Intuit looks at the cost of starting a new business in the United States as compared to other countries around the world. It notes that inflation and currency exchange rates play a large role in the costs of doing businesses in various countries.The graphic gives information about start-up costs, time to launch, and success rates in different countries. New Zealand and Singapore are ranked numbers 1 and 2 in terms of the easy of doing business. Some of the figures at the bottom are apples-to-oranges sorts of comparisons (success rates in the U.S. over the course of three years versus failure rates in France in a business’s first year, for example) but the information draws an interesting picture of some of the places in the world where small businesses are thriving. A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…
As many as 69 have died and 86 others injured in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh since Thursday as heavy rains pounded different parts of the state, a senior official said on Sunday.The maximum of 11 deaths were reported from Saharanpur, followed by other places.“69 persons have been killed and 86 injured in the rain-related incidents in the state since Thursday,” Relief Commissioner Sanjay Prasad told PTI here.Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed senior officials of all districts to alert people and asked them to undertake extensive tours in the affected areas and identify dilapidated buildings and get them vacated, a government spokesperson said here.Mr. Adityanath has directed the officials to give financial assistance to those who have been severely affected by rains and also medical treatment to the needy.
Alysa Liu takes women’s title at nationals at age 13 ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes But they filled in some holes over the summer with players such as Davis and Napier, who have helped them overcome injuries, first to Caris LeVert and now Dinwiddie, who will need surgery at some point but so far was only ruled out for Friday’s game.It was tied at 60 at halftime, with the Nets getting 42 of their points from the bench to erase an 11-point deficit.“Guys are ready,” Davis said. “Theo showed that tonight. He came in, wasn’t for him in that first half we probably lose this game, so guys are ready.”Brooklyn began to take control midway through the third quarter and pulled away in the fourth.TIP-INSKnicks: G Emmanuel Mudiay will miss at least two weeks with a strained left shoulder. The Knicks said Mudiay was hurt Wednesday in their loss to Houston and his injury was confirmed by an MRI exam. … Frank Ntilikina started in Mudiay’s place and fouled out with four points in 18 minutes. … Mitchell Robinson made both shots in the first half after going 11 for 11 over his previous three games.Nets: The Nets signed Australian Mitch Creek, who had been playing with their G League team, to a 10-day contract Friday. He got into the game to take free throws for an injured Rondae Hollis-Jefferson in the fourth quarter, making one of them.SPENCER’S STATUSThe Nets are still consulting with doctors on the best course of action for Dinwiddie, who is averaging 17.2 points as one of the top reserves in the NBA this season. Coach Kenny Atkinson said it’s even possible Dinwiddie could keep playing and delay the surgery until the offseason, saying the decision would be made by doctors, Dinwiddie and his family.CHANTING FOR KANTER LATEST STORIES The Knicks’ bench was near a section of Nets fans who chanted Kanter’s name in the second straight game where he didn’t play. He acknowledged the cheers from his seat.“I heard the fans chanting, ‘We want Enes! We need Enes!’ I want to appreciate the Nets fans for cheering like that. That’s love,” Kanter said. “They pay money to come watch us and they just don’t put me out there.”UP NEXTKnicks: Host Miami on Sunday.Nets: Visit Boston on Monday.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Brooklyn Nets’ Shabazz Napier (13) keeps the ball away from New York Knicks’ Mitchell Robinson (26) and Tim Hardaway Jr. (3) during the first half of an NBA basketball game Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, in New York. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)NEW YORK — The Nets needed someone to come in and change the game, but the guy they normally turn to wasn’t available.There were more than enough candidates left.ADVERTISEMENT Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations View comments Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants D’Angelo Russell had just 12 points, but Brooklyn put four reserves in double figures and had a 59-33 rebounding advantage while former Knicks starting center Enes Kanter sat out again as fans chanted for him at Barclays Center.Trey Burke scored 25 points and Noah Vonleh had a career-high 22 points and 13 rebounds for the dismal Knicks, who have lost eight in a row and 21 of their last 23 games.“They just wanted it more than us,” said Knicks guard Tim Hardaway Jr., who shot 2 for 14. “They got all the 50-50 basketballs. We’ve just got to match their intensity. They came out with a purpose and we didn’t.”The Nets wrapped up the season series with the 19th victory in their last 24 games, a sizzling stretch that has brought hopes of playoff basketball to New York after both of the city’s teams missed the postseason the last three years.The Nets are 27-23, their best 50-game record since going 29-21 in 2012-13, their first season since moving from New Jersey and making their home just a few miles from the Knicks. They won only 28 games all last season.ADVERTISEMENT Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Theo Pinson, Ed Davis and Shabazz Napier carried a Nets bench that dominated the Knicks even without Spencer Dinwiddie, and Brooklyn beat New York 109-99 on Friday night for its sixth straight victory.“We were losing. We had to do something and we wanted to come in and make a spark,” Pinson said.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsPinson, on a two-way contract, scored a career-high 19 points. Davis tied season highs with 17 points and 16 rebounds, and Napier added 18 points as the Nets’ reserves turned around the game even without Dinwiddie, their sixth man who has torn ligaments in his right thumb.“It’s always tough when you lose some of your guys but like I said earlier, I think everybody understands that somebody can come contribute,” Napier said. “It may not be one person. It may be three people that can contribute what Spencer’s been doing.” Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal boss Emery reluctant to change XI over Christmas programmeby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal boss Unai Emery won’t ring the changes over the Christmas programme.Emery will not unnecessarily rest players during the next week despite the threat of further injuries.He said: “In my career I never made these decisions. We are going to play the next match in Brighton and we are going to play full, not with considered options or playing with more caution.”The same three points are in Brighton that are in Liverpool and we are going to play first in Brighton. It’s a tough match and we will need every player with 100 per cent focus to do everything on the pitch to win.”I was speaking with Koscielny about the possibility of playing against Burnley and he said ‘not today’ because he was very tired after two matches in a week, so I decided for him not to be with the group. He said, ‘I’m not Matteo Guendouzi, Matteo is 19 and I’m 33!’.”
Guardiola hails ‘incredible’ Man City with five-goal rout of Atalantaby Freddie Taylor3 days agoSend to a friendShare the lovePep Guardiola labelled Manchester City’s 5-1 win over Atalanta as “incredible”.The game was tightly balanced with City holding onto a 2-1 at half-time, thanks to a double from Sergio Aguero.But the Italians couldn’t hold off an avalanche in the second-half, with Raheem Sterling scoring an incredible hat-trick.The only negatives for City on what was a magical night at the Etihad was an injury to Rodri and red-card for Phil Foden.Speaking after the game, Guardiola told BT Sport: “It was a really good result. The way Atalanta played created that. It was man to man all over the stadium, it was not comfortable, we’re not used to playing against these teams.”It was no surprise Atalanta finished third last season in Italy and even this season, they’re playing well so it’s an incredible result. It’s three more points. One more win and we’ll be in the next stage.”Raheem Sterling was brilliant. He could have scored one more. Not just with the ball, without the ball, he helps us a lot.” About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say
New Delhi: A 38-year-old man has been arrested for giving instant triple talaq to his wife, the first such case registered in the national capital since the practice was criminalised, police said on Saturday.The arrest was made on Friday at 11.00 pm after a 30-year-old woman lodged a complaint against her husband in north Delhi’s Bara Hindu Rao police station. However, the man got a bail by a court on Saturday, a police officer. “On June 23, her husband pronounced talaq three times upon her and sent a fatwah on WhatsApp mentioning that triple talaq was pronounced,” said DCP (North) Nupur Prasad. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe DCP said he has been booked under the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019. According to police, this is the first such case registered in the national capital. Parliament on August 1 approved the bill that makes instant triple talaq a criminal offence. Police said the couple got married in 2011, and the man runs a shop in Kamla Market in north Delhi. In a complaint, the woman alleged that she was being harassed for dowry by her husband and his family. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsShe alleged that on June 28, “under a well-planned conspiracy”, her husband and his family members had come to her room and forced him to pronounce triple talaq. Thereafter, he pronounced the word talaq three times, and they all asked her to leave the house along with her six-year-old son, she alleged. “I came to my parental house, but parents were not present as they were outside the country. After two days, they sent my brother fatwah on WhatsApp that divorce is complete and she cannot come back again,” the woman said in her complaint. Further investigation is underway, police said. In a similar case, a man was charged for allegedly giving triple talaq to his wife over the phone in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar district in August this year. Abdul Raheem, who is working in Saudi Arabia, divorced his wife Fatima Khatoon by saying “talaq” three times over phone.
11Oct Rep. Bellino testifies on bill package to end driver responsibility fees State Rep. Joe Bellino today testified before the House Michigan Competitiveness Committee on his bill, part of a sweeping bipartisan legislative package, to end driver responsibility fees by October 2018.Bellino, of Monroe, told the committee the threat of having to pay driver responsibility fees is no deterrent to people who are addicted to drugs or alcohol.“Absolutely nobody at any of my meetings has ever said they didn’t drive while impaired because they were concerned they would have to pay driver responsibility fees,” said Bellino, who is a recovering drug abuser and alcoholic. “These fees have no deterrent impact on people who are going to drive regardless.”Bellino’s bill prohibits driver responsibility fees from being assessed after Oct. 1, 2018. An earlier reform phased out the fees as of October 2019. The law enacting driver responsibility fees took place in 2003, and Bellino said it was nothing more than a money grab to fill a hole in the budget.The committee continues to consider the legislative package#####The driver responsibility fees bills are House Bills 5040-5046, 5079-5080. Categories: Bellino News,Bellino Photos,News Legislator says fees do nothing to improve driving skills
Ono had attracted 34,000 TiVo customers by the end of June, eight months after the Spanish cable operator launched its next-generation platform.Ono’s TiVo service launched in Barcelona and Madrid last October and is now available to 92% of its network. The operator said the platform should help it to increase its pay TV subscriber base and increase revenues in the coming quarters.Announcing its second quarter results, Ono said it had 897,000 residential TV customers at the end of June, compared with 952,000 a year earlier. Internet customers increased to 1.422 million from 1.414 million. The operator ended the second quarter with 1.9 million RGUs that took 4.4 million services.Revenues for the second quarter were up 5.7% year-on-year to €389 million.