About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal boss Emery reluctant to change XI over Christmas programmeby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal boss Unai Emery won’t ring the changes over the Christmas programme.Emery will not unnecessarily rest players during the next week despite the threat of further injuries.He said: “In my career I never made these decisions. We are going to play the next match in Brighton and we are going to play full, not with considered options or playing with more caution.”The same three points are in Brighton that are in Liverpool and we are going to play first in Brighton. It’s a tough match and we will need every player with 100 per cent focus to do everything on the pitch to win.”I was speaking with Koscielny about the possibility of playing against Burnley and he said ‘not today’ because he was very tired after two matches in a week, so I decided for him not to be with the group. He said, ‘I’m not Matteo Guendouzi, Matteo is 19 and I’m 33!’.”
EDMONTON — A psychiatrist in charge of treating an Alberta man who stabbed and killed five young people at a Calgary house party says the patient’s risk of re-offending is low.But Dr. Santoch Rai has told the Alberta Review Board that if Matthew de Grood was to commit another offence, it would be severe.A judge in 2016 found de Grood not criminally responsible for the killings because he was suffering from schizophrenia at the time.A trial heard that de Grood believed the devil was talking to him and a war was about to begin, signalling the end of the world, when he arrived at the party in 2014.The review board decided last year that de Grood, with his mental condition in remission, could be transferred from a secure psychiatric hospital in Calgary to Alberta Hospital in Edmonton.Rai says de Grood takes his medication and should be allowed to have unsupervised trips into Edmonton as well as be eased into living in a group home.Zackariah Rathwell, 21; Jordan Segura, 22; Kaitlin Perras, 23; Josh Hunter, 23; and Lawrence Hong, 27, were killed at the party, which was being held to mark the end of the school year. The Canadian Press
Advertisement Bad Blood the series will be broadcast in the fall in English on City and FX and in French on Radio-Canada. It is based on the book Business or Blood: Mafia Boss Vito Rizzuto’s Last War by Antonio Nicaso and Peter Edwards. The series description reads:“When Rizzuto is suddenly arrested and extradited to Colorado’s Supermax Prison for the 1981 murders of three Bonanno crime family members, the powerful empire he built begins to crumble. Rizzuto watches helplessly as his family and friends are killed one by one. Upon his release from prison in October 2012, a Shakespearean-level revenge tale unfolds, leading to the brutal murders of his closest companions, and ultimately, to the death of Rizzuto himself.” LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Facebook Advertisement Advertisement Rogers Media announced Thursday that principal photographer has finished on the six-part drama series Bad Blood? The Vito Rizzuto Story, which stars Anthony LaPaglia (Without a Trace) in the lead role, as crime boss Vito Rizzuto.The series, which was filmed in Montreal and Sudbury, also stars Kim Coates (Sons of Anarchy) as right-hand man Declan Gardiner and Paul Sorvino (Goodfellas) as patriarch Nico Rizzuto Sr. Login/Register With: Twitter
VAUGHAN, Ont. – Cara Operations Ltd. (TSX:CARA) says company-wide and same store sales were up in the third quarter after it acquired more brands and looked to revitalize existing restaurants.The company says total sales came in at $684.7 million for the 13 weeks ending Sept. 24, up 37 per cent or $184.6 million from the same period a year earlier.Cara says the increase in overall sales was driven by its acquisitions of St-Hubert and Original Joe’s last year, as well as the addition of 42 restaurants it opened.Same store sales were up 0.9 per cent to make for a flat year to date, which company CEO Bill Gregson says is not enough but an encouraging positive trend.Cara says it had net earnings of $21.2 million or $0.35 per share for the quarter, compared with net earnings $14.9 million or $0.29 per share for the same period last year.The company, founded in 1883, manages a wide range of restaurant brands including Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, Milestones and Montana’s.
UPDATE – The RCMP have released information about this incident. Click here for the details.TAYLOR, B.C. – The RCMP are investigating at the Spruce Manor Apartment building in Taylor after an incident early Sunday morning.The RCMP have not yet released any information about the incident, but eyewitnesses confirm there is police tape covering the front entrance to the building and in one of the stairwells. The RCMP have said the incident is still unfolding and they should have more information to release on Monday. The apartment building is located at 9816 Spruce Street. Two RCMP vehicles were still at the vehicle just before noon on Sunday.If you have any information to share about what happened, email firstname.lastname@example.org. As we get more information from the RCMP we will post updates to this story.
CHETWYND, B.C. – With the Province conducting a socio-economic study regarding the proposed economic impact of Section 11 and Partnership Agreements for caribou recovery and habitat protection, the District of Chetwynd is also gathering data to help project those numbers.In a post on the District’s Facebook page, they are asking residents and businesses to fill out and submit surveys in order to get a better understanding of how the caribou recovery could affect the community.Within the survey, it asks business owners and residents what their employment is and what possible impacts the recovery program would have on them. All surveys must be completed and submitted no later than Friday, May 17, 2019.Survey submissions can be sent via email, email@example.com, or in-person at the District of Chetwynd or the Chamber of Commerce offices.The socio-economic study survey can be found on the District of Chetwynd’s website.
NEW DELHI: Delhi Chief Electoral officer on Monday said that any action against BJP East Delhi candidate Gautam Gambhir for allegedly possessing two voter identity cards can only be taken if the poll authorities receive a complaint in this regard. The Aam Aadmi Party’s East Delhi candidate Atishi has moved court against the cricketer-turned-politician alleging that he had enrolled as a voter in Rajender Nagar and Karol Bagh Assembly segments in violation of the Representation of the People Act. Also Read – Odd-Even: CM seeks transport dept’s views on exemption to women, two wheelers, CNG vehicles”We have come to know through media reports that Gambhir is registered as a voter at more than one place in Delhi. We have not received any complaint in this regard yet. Once we receive a complaint, we will initiate an inquiry and suitable action will follow,” Delhi’s Chief Electoral officer Ranbir Singh said. The Election Commission carries out a routine exercise to detect and delete duplicate entries in the electoral roll before elections. Asked if the authorities failed to detect duplicate entries in Gambhir’s case, an official said, “The process of deleting duplicate entries is carried out through a software. The poll panel cannot be blamed if the software fails to detect such anomalies.” Gambhir, however, rejected the allegation, saying he possesses only one voter identity card. “I have only one voter ID card from Rajender Nagar. I used to live with my maternal grandparents as a child at Ramjas Road (in Karol Bagh), but I never voted from or applied for any voter identity card from there,” he had said.
Islamabad: Pakistan expects to resume talks with India to finalise the agreement on the Kartarpur Corridor once the new government takes charge in New Delhi, according to a Pakistani media report. The Kartarpur Corridor links Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan’s Narowal with Dera Baba Nanak shrine in Gurdaspur district in Punjab. The corridor, once operational, will provide a visa-free access to Sikhs from India to their holiest Shrine located inside Pakistan. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra SinghPakistan expects the resumption of talks on the Kartarpur Corridor once the new government takes charge in India, official sources were quoted as saying by the Express Tribune on Sunday. The last phase of six-week long general elections in India is scheduled to take place on May 19 and final results would be announced on May 23. A senior Pakistani official said there was no delay on Pakistan’s part. “It is India that is not willing to engage at this juncture,” the official added while requesting anonymity. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroadHowever, the official said Pakistan was confident that India would resume talks after the elections. The two countries, nevertheless, held technical level talks at Zero Point (Kartarpur) on April 16. The Indian team was supposed to pay a return visit to Pakistan in April but New Delhi pulled out of the meeting at the last minute citing concerns over the committee formed by Pakistan to facilitate the Sikh pilgrims. India as expressed concerns over the presence of several Khalistani separatists in the ten-member Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (PSGPC) appointed by Pakistan on the Kartarpur Corridor. Last November, India and Pakistan agreed to set up the border crossing linking Gurudwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur, the final resting place of Sikh faith’s founder Guru Nanak Dev, to Dera Baba Nanak shrine in India’s Gurdaspur district. Kartarpur Sahib is located in Pakistan’s Narowal district across the river Ravi, about four km from the Dera Baba Nanak shrine. The Shrine is visible from the Indian side of the border and everyday a larger number of Sikh devotees gather to perform Darshan or sacred viewings of the site.
After dropping two of three games to Michigan State last weekend, the Ohio State baseball team (18-8, 4-2 Big Ten) is hoping to get back on track for its third Big Ten weekend series as it travels to face Minnesota. OSU coach Greg Beals is hoping his team can bounce back from last weekend’s series. “We had an opportunity to take the Michigan State series and it’s disappointing we blew it,” Beals said. “Good thing is, we have games this week to get back to winning.” OSU has been trying to work on its winning mindset for a few weeks. “It’s just the mentality of all eight innings, man,” said senior shortstop Kirby Pellant. “The pitching has been there all year and the defense has been there all year and finally the bats are starting to come around.” The Buckeyes beat Youngstown State Tuesday night in Columbus in a 3-0 shutout and took down Miami (Ohio) in a 1-0 shutout Wednesday night. Beals said this week’s games were important for the Buckeyes in preparing for more conference play. “The week games get our guys a lot of at-bats,” Beals said. “They help position players get in the groove and they allow our pitchers to get extended innings.” The Minnesota Golden Gophers are 17-12 and 2-1 in Big Ten play on the year. Minnesota redshirt junior infielder Dan Olinger is a guy to keep an eye on for the Golden Gophers, batting .314 with 14 RBIs and a .984 fielding percentage. Junior pitcher Tom Windle has 1.44 ERA with 45 strikeouts and a 4-2 record in 50 innings pitched. Windle has been named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week twice this season. Minnesota will be opening the brand new Siebert Field for this series, having played its previous home games at the Metrodome. An OSU series win brings the team that much closer to capturing the conference title. While it’s still early in the season for talk of the Big Ten Championship, it has been on some of the players’ minds for weeks. “When I was a true freshman, that was the last time we won the Big Ten Championship, so I know what that feels like,” said OSU redshirt senior outfielder Joe Ciamacco. “I’m putting everything out there for the team this year. I want us to win this season. I want to bring back the winning tradition to Ohio State. We haven’t had it here in a while.” OSU is set to take the field against the Golden Gophers at 4:05 p.m. Friday at Siebert Field in Minneapolis.
March 2, 2018 Chula Vista gives green light to legal cannabis businesses 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsCHULA VISTA (KUSI) — In the City of Chula Vista, with a population of 280,000, there are no fewer than 13 illegal marijuana dispensaries.As we documented in a KUSI Special Report last fall, the city has waged an ongoing battle with these illegal operators, but the adoption of a new ordinance that would create a legal marketplace for marijuana sales could drive these black market outfits out of business.The ordinance was approved by the Chula Vista City Council earlier this week. KUSI’s Sasha Foo takes a closer look at the city’s new measure. Updated: 11:54 AM Sasha Foo, Posted: March 2, 2018 Sasha Foo Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter